AdGenta contacted me today and let me know that they have made a few changes to their offerings.
- Qumana’s interface has been completely redone
- Buttons are clear for what they do
- To insert an ad simply click the advertising button. One button for everything just enter your keywords and click for custom options
- Jump to your stats right from Qumana
- Improved default ad for improved CTR
- One click insertion with pre-selected buttons. Just enter keywords, press Return and you’re done!
They are also working on adding more inventory and partners, as well as brokering a better deal for AdGenta publishers. Furthermore, the way in which ads are delivered is set to be improved.
My main gripe with AdGenta is that you can only tweak ads from within Qumana, which happens to be Windows-only software. If they were to make their system web-based rather than software-based it would make like easier and attract more publishers. However, this is just another clear signal that the contextual advertising market is continuing to expand beyond the traditional AdSense stronghold – and that is great news for publishers of all shapes and sizes.